>> FREE SCHOOL MEALS
The Government operates a free school meal system to support children from lower income families.
Pupil Premium is a funding scheme which allows schools to access additional funding linked to the number of children claiming free school meals (FSM).
It is therefore vital that parents who qualify for FSM apply, even if they do not wish to take up the offer of a free school meal.
Qualifying Criteria for Free School Meals
You will qualify for FSM if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Employment & Support Allowance – Income related
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (NOT Contribution Based JSA)
- Child Tax Credit only (with a combined family income of less than £16,190 per annum as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) Please note, anyone receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of income, will NOT qualify for FSMs.
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- National Asylum Seekers Support (NASS)
- Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit
How to Apply for Free School Meals
To find out more or to apply please follow the link to the Waltham Forest’s website here.
If you require any advice or assistance applying please contact the school. All applications for free school meals will be treated in the strictest confidence.